The Woes Of Time

The woes of Time



     Here, I am – sitting at my desk with two 70+ pages documents opened in the taskbar waiting to be devoured as I ignore them , while penning down this piece in another. The number of pages in those work documents overwhelm me as I am left with a week-and-a-half’s worth of preparation time, before the start of a new project related to them.

     My mind is in a fix. I am in a little panic mode. How on earth I am going to finish going through this all in such short time?! I ponder on and on, trying to think of some remarkable way to accomplish this tedious task as the sound of laughter echoes from the meeting room, caused by my colleagues over a game of carrom.

      Off lately, be it work or gym or home, I find myself at the mercy of time. I am struggling to leave from office on time, to start & finish my workout on time, to travel back home, make my meals and finish all my chores, so as to leave enough time to sleep. I feel like I am racing against time every day, 5 times a week playing catch-up as the clock ticks away, constantly reminding me to move on to the next task.

      Is it because of my mismanagement of time? No. Is it because the rare few moments I get from my jam-packed schedule, I choose to spend them over social media? Probably yes. Do I kill myself over it? Obviously no, but how do I cope with the anxiety and stress I suffer due to it?

      If I look at the broader picture of my life at large, things are not looking good either.

      ‘Move up in your career, time is running out!’
      ‘Go, buy a house now itself, time is running out!’
      ‘Find someone and settle down soon, time is running out!’
      ‘Start saving money now itself for the future, time is running out!’

      Phew! Typing all these above points took a toll on me mentally. I am 27; I promised myself I will make 2019 count. On the contrary, 2019 is making me count the days, the weeks and the months as they roll by, right in front of my eyes. 

      Am I the only one who feels like time is slipping away and no matter what we do, we will suffer due to the lack of it? I guess not. The constant restlessness I encounter amongst people, irrespective of age, could be due to this. There are some who have ample time on their hands and yet, choose to do nothing worthwhile.

      And, there are others, who want to accomplish so much in their lives, with so little time.

Comments

  1. We are conditioned to think that time is running out. Stop and think if you are running behind a timeline created by other or if you are trying reach your goals within a timeline you set for yourself. People, society, media etc will feed us with a lot. We should be able to control what and how much of it affects us personally. We all have our timelines and Life is not a competition. Learn to live, don't pressurise yourself so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts