The Start

The Start

    A discovery is often considered the start of something new. New discoveries have always lead man to invest his time in the start of new avenues and explore new horizons. I, too, have started blogging based on a similar discovery.
    A trip to the beautiful land of Kashmir lead to the discovery of the ability to write, in me. I started writing about the experiences I had of my time in Srinagar, Katra and Amritsar (which I hope to share in the coming few posts) in a book, creating a memoir to read when time passes away. Upon revealing this fact to a friend, a suggestion was put forth by him for me to start a new blog.
    I have been going through the Do's & Don't's of blogging - don't write about personal stuff, about co-workers, etc.etc. Well, I hope not to write about my work that much and bore the pants off of you, the reader. I would rather use this platform to express my inner thoughts, my views on various topics, my reviews of movies, restaurants, places,etc. And yes, I do intend to write a little bit about my personal feelings (be rest assured, this has got nothing to do with how I was feeling today or other blah-blah candyfloss stuff)
   So basically, 22 years have gone by since I came into this world. I can honestly say that I have faint memories of my childhood days. It is those teenage years that I believe have shaped me up to the person I am today. Being brought up along with four siblings was no mean feat. Yet, those two incredible people did a fine job, both who have now departed for their heavenly abode.
   Life is not easy, trust me. I have learned this the hard way. By grinding my nose on the desk five days a week or paying bills month-on-month, I have learned to live life as it comes.
   Not to sound monotonous or making you read about my mundane daily life, I'll make sure not to write about it when not relevant. 
   I personally believe that I am just an ordinary person who is meant to live an extraordinary life. Therefore, I shall write about how life is exciting and joy can be found even in the simplest of tasks. After all, it is in the small things that we can find God. it only takes a change in our perceptions.
   I would like to finish my first blog by quoting a line from one of my favourite fictional characters, Albus Dumbledore:

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Comments

Popular Posts